Monday, July 26, 2021

8mm Film to a Thumb Drive


After gathering all of the 8mm film in yellow boxes (parents) and reels (grandparents), I had them transferred to a thumb drive. 48 files. No sound. All from the 50’s and 60’s. Great fun to watch on my laptop. This took 3 months to have done and several days for me to watch and take notes. I am so happy with how it all worked out! 

Apparently my parents and grandparents weren’t too good about labeling their movies. So, I made a summary of each file so my siblings would know what is on it. And where to speed up. 

Screen shots of my grandparents from their home movies

I love this one!

They are just so happy! It was our ‘go to’ place for family parties!

The company that I used:
Legacy Digital Productions
202 W Lincoln Street, Suite A
Orange, CA 92865
714-757-0993

No comments:

Post a Comment

Datanetics and Apple I

It was pretty cool to open the Los Angeles Times to see this article  This historic custom built Apple I comes with a Datanetics keyboard De...