Monday, September 27, 2021

The White Rose of Middle Valley


This is what I would call ‘a gem of a find’ in my grandmother’s memorabilia and it’s in good shape

I guess smiling for the camera wasn’t a thing then. Good thing it is now! You can click on each image to see them larger so you can read the text. Edward and Lucinda had nine children. The last two died shortly after birth. 

Such a tragic story of her mother dying after her younger sister was born. Then being separated from her sister. Her father and brothers moving somewhere else. In those days, how would you ever find your siblings?

Why couldn’t the writer tell us the weird way the laundry was hung? I want to know. 

I think my grandmother Alice Ginevra Fletcher was named for the Genevria in this photo…maybe

Then I wonder, how many relatives have to be on the family tree? Where do I stop? Maybe this booklet is enough for this family in the 1800’s? 

Lucinda loved to sew, quilt, knit and read. Kinda like me. Her nickname in her early life was Cinda. She was known as Grandma Fletcher in Middle Valley, Idaho

Note: Emily Fletcher Towell is the author of the Covered Wagon Diary in the upper tabs



And will probably remain that way, at least for me.



I wonder if Fanny Fletcher was the one my Grandma always talked about. I haven’t found anyone else named Fanny yet. 





Written by Ethel Hopper in 1958. Lucinda was her great grandmother 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Datanetics and Apple I

It was pretty cool to open the Los Angeles Times to see this article  This historic custom built Apple I comes with a Datanetics keyboard De...